Participants registered for oral session may present one paper in the oral session and also expose posters (on the same subject of paper) in the poster session.
Participants registered for poster session are allowed to expose posters in the poster session.
Unregistered professionals and the general public may freely attend the paper presentations and visit the poster exhibitions.
February 10, 2021: submission of Abstracts
- It is necessary to send an Abstract whatever the type of contribution (also posters).
- Abstract shall be no more than 400 words long.
February 28, 2021: submission of final version of Paper/Posters
- Please remind that if the final version of paper/poster is not submitted by this date, we cannot guarantee that it will be included in the Proceedings.
Notification of approval by the BRAU International Scientific Committee will be sent within 15 days from receipt of submission.
Registered participants are allowed to present their paper in any (one or more) of the cities joining the BRAU Biennial. Presentations shall be about 15-20 minutes long, in local language or in english.
Papers shall be written in local language or (preferably) in english, be maximum 50,000 characters long (about 10 pages, depending of number and size of figures and tables) and shall contain the following elements:
- full name, affiliation and (optionally) email of all authors
- an “Abstract” section with maximum 400 words
- a section title just after the “Abstract” section
- if present, the “Acknowledgements” section shall be placed after the “Conclusions” section and before the “Bibliography” section
Figures and tables shall be sent in their native formats (JPG, PNG, TIF, XLS, etc.) as independent files. Use SHORT file names (max 8 characters). Do NOT use file name to describe figure; figure descriptions must be placed within the text, in the position where the figure is meant to appear.
Please write your paper using Markdown. Markdown is a very easy syntax that allows you to format a document writing it as plain text. With Markdown you can write a document without thinking about unnecessary details and distracting choices (such as margins and distances, font sizes and styles, which tools like Word compel you to do), so you can stay focused on the contents of your document and write it faster. Feel free to contact us for assistance on using Markdown.
If you can not do without using Word or similar tools, unfortunately we are forced to ask you to pay a small additional amount of €20 to help covering the costs of composition and layout. In such case please add the amount to your registration fee in order to make a single payment.
Registered participants are allowed to install their posters in any of the cities (one or more) joining the BRAU Biennial. Participants can install their posters in person, or alternatively send the posters to Local Coordinator, or ask the Local Coordinator to print the posters (upon payment). In the cities in which the paying participant does not install the posters , her/his posters will be presented to the public through slide shows by means of projectors and LCD displays.
Registered participants may expose from a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 6 posters (on the same subject).
- Poster size; posters shall be printed to A0 format paper with portrait (vertical) orientation (width 841 mm, height 1189 mm).
- Image Resolution; 9932 x 14046 pixels (equivalent to 300 DPI for A0 size).
- Paper weight; not less than 90 gr/m2.
- Digital format; poster files shall be in PDF (compliant to mode PDF/A), PNG or JPG format.
- Minimum font size; smallest text must be easily readable when the image is resampled at a reduced resolution of 1358 x 1920 pixels.
- Required contents; all posters shall contain the following elements:
- BRAU logo, in upper left corner, in an area of 8×8 cm (945 x 945 pixels);
- poster author(s), in upper right corner.
How to submit your work
- Abstracts, Paper and Posters shall be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Works submitted to email addresses other than email@example.com will NOT be reviewed.
- Participants shall send from the same email address given on registration; works received from email addresses not in the list of registered participants will NOT be reviewed.
- If the documents to be submitted are big (more than 10MB) please use a file transfer service (like WeTransfer) and send by email only the link to your documents.
Upon submitting any work (manuscript or poster) to firstname.lastname@example.org, the sender/author acknowledges that:
- Authors are responsible for the originality of submitted work.
- Authors are responsible for the contents of submitted work, including claims, conclusions, and appropriate citation, acknowledgements, and author contribution.
- Authors have to clearly state any conflict of interest.
- Authors have acknowledged the sources of data used in the development of the work.
- Authors grant CICOP Italia ONLUS a perpetual, exclusive license to print and distribute the submitted work.
For any question or further assistance feel free to contact us at email@example.com .