Participants registered for oral session may present one paper in the oral session and also expose posters (on the same subject of paper) in the poster session.
Participants registered for poster session are allowed to expose posters in the poster session.
Unregistered professionals and the general public may freely attend the paper presentations and visit the poster exhibitions.
April 8, 2021: submission of final version of Paper/Posters
- Please remind that if the final version of paper/poster is not submitted by this date, we cannot guarantee that it will be included in the Proceedings.
Notification of approval by the BRAU International Scientific Committee will be sent within 7 days from receipt of submission.
Registered participants are allowed to present their paper in any (one or more) of the cities joining the BRAU Biennial. Presentations shall be about 15 minutes long, in local language or in english. The first slide of the presentation shall contain the BRAU logo and the full-size title “CICOP Italy – 5th Biennial of Architectural and Urban Restoration, BRAU5”.
Papers shall be written and presented in local language (of the country where you are presenting your paper) or (preferably) in english, be maximum 50,000 characters long (about 10 pages, depending of number and size of figures and tables) and shall contain the following elements:
- full name, affiliation and (optionally) email of all authors
- an “Abstract” section with maximum 400 words; if the paper is not in English, the Abstract shall be written in English too
- a section title just after the “Abstract” section
- if present, the “Acknowledgements” section shall be placed after the “Conclusions” section and before the “Bibliography” section
- figures shall be sent as images in their native formats (JPG, PNG, TIF, etc.) as independent files
- tables shall be sent as images
- use SHORT file names
- do NOT use file name to describe figure and table content – figure and table descriptions must be placed within the text, in the position where the figure is meant to appear – along with description provide also the image width, expressed as a percentage of page width
Please write your paper using Markdown. Markdown is a very intuitive syntax that allows you to format a document writing it as plain text. With Markdown you can write a document without thinking about unnecessary details and distracting choices (such as margins and distances, font sizes and styles, which tools like Word compel you to do), so you can stay focused on the contents of your document and write it faster. Ghostwriter and HackMD are examples of good tools (respectively offline and online) useful to write a Markdown document. Feel free to contact us for assistance on using Markdown.
If you can not do without using Word or similar tools, unfortunately we are forced to ask you to pay a small additional amount of €20 to help covering the costs of composition and layout. In such case please add the amount to your registration fee in order to make a single payment.
Registered participants are allowed to install their posters in any of the cities (one or more) joining the BRAU Biennial. Participants can install their posters in person, or alternatively send the posters to Local Coordinator, or ask the Local Coordinator to print the posters (upon payment). In the cities in which the paying participant does not install the posters , her/his posters will be presented to the public through slide shows by means of projectors and LCD displays.
Registered participants may expose from a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 6 posters (on the same subject).
- Poster size; posters shall be printed to A0 format paper with portrait (vertical) orientation (width 841 mm, height 1189 mm).
- Image Resolution; 9932 x 14046 pixels (equivalent to 300 DPI for A0 size).
- Paper weight; not less than 90 gr/m2.
- Digital format; poster files shall be in PDF, PNG or JPG format.
- Minimum font size; smallest text must be easily readable when the image is resampled at a reduced resolution of 1080 x 1527 pixels.
- Required contents; all posters shall contain the following elements:
- BRAU logo, in upper left corner, in an area of 8×8 cm (945 x 945 pixels);
- poster author(s), in upper right corner.
- Abstract; an abstract no longer than 400 words must be provided along with posters.
How to submit your work
- Abstracts, Paper and Posters shall be submitted by email to email@example.com. Works submitted to email addresses other than firstname.lastname@example.org will NOT be reviewed.
- Participants shall send from the same email address given on registration; works received from email addresses not in the list of registered participants will NOT be reviewed.
- If the documents to be submitted are big (more than 10MB) please use a file transfer service (like WeTransfer) and send by email only the link to your documents.
- Do NOT submit more versions of the same document, regardless of the format (for example DOCX and PDF, or JPG and PDF).
Upon submitting any work (manuscript or poster) to email@example.com, the sender/author declares and acknowledges that:
- she/he has been authorized by all Authors to represent them for the purpose of submitting the contribution and declaring what follows;
- Authors are responsible for the originality of submitted work;
- Authors are responsible for the contents of submitted work, including claims, conclusions, and appropriate citation, acknowledgements, and author contribution;
- Authors have to clearly state any conflict of interest;
- Authors have acknowledged the sources of data used in the development of the work;
- Authors grant CICOP Italia ONLUS a perpetual, exclusive license to print and distribute the submitted work.
For any question or further assistance feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org .